WARRANTY TERMS AND CONDITIONS
The conditions below describe the terms and scope of our 1year extended warranty. They do not affect your statutory rights or the obligations of your retailer under your contract with them.
We provide warranty cover for this product subject to the conditions set out below.
Information about us
1. This warranty is provided to the customer (you, your) by Securesafe Ltd. We are a company incorporated in England and Wales with company number 3809539 and our registered office address is at: Securesafe Ltd, 16 Lyon Road, Hersham, KT12 3PU.
The contract between you and us
2. After making payment for the extended warranty online or over the phone, you will receive an e-mail or letter from us confirming that we have received your payment. The contract for the extended warranty between you and us (contract) will only be formed when we send you this confirmation.
3. You agree to be bound by the terms and conditions set out herein in respect of the extended warranty you have purchased.
4. By entering this contract, you warrant that you are legally capable of entering into binding contracts and are at least 18 years old.
Website terms and conditions of supply
5. If you purchased this warranty via our website, you agree to be bound, to the extent applicable, by our website terms and conditions of supply which can be found at: www.securesafe.co.uk
6. To the extent there is any conflict between these terms and conditions and the website terms and conditions of supply referred to in condition 5 in respect of the extended warranty, these terms and conditions will take precedence.
Duration and price
7. Subject to conditions 10 to 18, we will rectify defects affecting the safe which are clearly attributable to material and/or manufacturing faults, provided they are reported immediately after being identified, and within 12 months of the date of purchase (standard warranty period).
8. Warranty provision for the standard warranty period will be free of charge.
9. Warranty provision for the extended warranty period will be subject to payment by you to us in full and cleared funds.
Scope of warranty
10. Service is available to mainland UK only. Please check with us at Securesafe Ltd for available areas if you are unsure.
11. The warranty does not extend to:
a. Damage caused by the chemical or electrochemical effects of water, and
d. Exceptional environmental conditions, inappropriate operating conditions, or the product having come into contact with unsuitable materials.
13. This warranty does not apply to loss or damage outside of our reasonable control, such as transport damage for which we are not responsible, improper installation and assembly, improper use.
14. We reserve the right to invalidate this warranty:
a. If repairs or other interventions are performed by persons not authorised by us to take such action, or if our products are fitted with non-original spare parts, extras or accessories.
b. In the event of physical or verbal abuse towards any member of our staff.
15. We will decide whether rectification of defects will take the form of a repair or the replacement of the parts. Some parts that can reasonably be transported or posted may need to be returned or shipped to our customer service centre for repair. We will bear the costs of such transportation. All other parts will be repaired at your site. A warranty receipt or number must be presented in each case. Replaced parts pass into our ownership.
16. Where we supply a replacement part we reserve the right to charge an appropriate monetary offset in respect of the period of proper and uninterrupted use already enjoyed.
17. Services provided under warranty neither extend the warranty period nor commence a new warranty period. The warranty period for spare parts fitted ends with the expiry of the warranty period of the product.
Your cancellation and termination rights
Full refund: Cancellation within 14 days of purchase of the extended warranty
18. You may cancel the warranty for the extended warranty period by providing notice to us within 14 days of the date on which the warranty for the extended warranty period is purchased. Upon receipt of valid notice under this condition, we will provide a full refund of the price paid for the extended warranty period provided that no claim has been made during the extended warranty period.
19. You can provide notice under this contract by either emailing us at: email@example.com or by calling us on 0330 122 7547. If you cancel the contract under condition 18, your communication must be sent to us before the end of the 14 day period referred to above.
20. Cancellation of the contract for the extended warranty period does not affect the standard warranty period.
Limitation of liability
21. Subject to condition 25, if we fail to comply with these terms and conditions, we shall only be liable to you for the price paid for the extended warranty and, subject to condition 25, any losses that you suffer as a result of our failure to comply (whether arising in contract, tort (including negligence), breach of statutory duty or otherwise) which are a foreseeable consequence of such failure.
22. Subject to condition 25, other claims in respect of compensation for indirect or consequential loss under this contract are, to the fullest extent permitted by law, excluded.
23. Nothing in this agreement excludes or limits our liability for:
a. Death or personal injury caused by our negligence.
b. Fraud or fraudulent misrepresentation.
c. Defective products under the Consumer Protection Act 1987, or
d. Any other matter for which it would be illegal for us to exclude or attempt to exclude our liability.
Transfer of rights and obligations
24. The contract between you and us is binding on you and us and on our respective successors and assignees.
25. You may not transfer, assign, charge, or otherwise dispose of this contract, or any of your rights or obligations arising under it, without our prior written consent.
26. We may transfer, assign, charge, sub-contract or otherwise dispose of this contract, or any of our rights or obligations arising under it, at any time during the term of this contract.
Events outside our control
27. We will not be liable or responsible for any failure to perform, or delay in performance of, any of our obligations under this contract that is caused by events outside our reasonable control (force majeure event).
28. A force majeure event includes any act, event, non-happening, omission or accident beyond our reasonable control and includes in particular (without limitation) the following:
a. Strikes, lock-outs or other industrial action.
b. Civil commotion, riot, invasion, terrorist attack or threat of terrorist attack, war (whether declared or not) or threat or preparation for war.
c. Fire, explosion, storm, flood, earthquake, subsidence, epidemic or other natural disaster.
d. Impossibility of the use of railways, shipping, aircraft, motor transport or other means of public or private transport.
e. Impossibility of the use of public or private telecommunications networks, and
f. The acts, decrees, legislation, regulations or restrictions of any government.
29. Our performance under this contract is deemed to be suspended for the period that the force majeure event continues, and we will have an extension of time for performance for the duration of that period. We will use our reasonable endeavours to bring the force majeure event to a close or to find a solution by which our obligations under this contract may be performed despite the force majeure event.
30. If we fail, at any time during the term of this contract, to insist upon strict performance of any of your obligations under this contract or any of these terms and conditions, or if we fail to exercise any of the rights or remedies to which we are entitled under this contract, this will not constitute a waiver of such rights or remedies and will not relieve you from compliance with such obligations.
31. A waiver by us of any default will not constitute a waiver of any subsequent default.
32. No waiver by us of any of these terms and conditions will be effective unless it is expressly stated to be a waiver and is communicated to you.
33. Severability: If any of these terms and conditions are determined by any competent authority to be invalid, unlawful or unenforceable to any extent, such term, condition or provision will to that extent be severed from the remaining terms, conditions and provisions which will continue to be valid to the fullest extent permitted by law.
34. These terms and conditions and any document expressly referred to in them constitute the whole agreement between us and supersede all previous discussions, correspondence, negotiations, previous arrangement, understanding or agreement between us relating to the subject matter of this contract.
35. We each acknowledge that, in entering into this contract, neither of us relies on any representation or warranty (whether made innocently or negligently) that is not set out in these terms and conditions or the documents referred to in them.
36. Each of us agrees that our only liability in respect of those representations and warranties that are set out in these terms and conditions (whether made innocently or negligently) will be for breach of contract.
37. We intend to rely upon these terms and conditions and any document expressly referred to in them in relation to the subject matter of this contract. While we accept responsibility for statements and representations made by our duly authorised agents, please make sure you ask for any variations from these terms and conditions to be confirmed in writing.
38. Variation to these terms and conditions: We may vary these terms and conditions from time to time provided that such changes do not materially affect the nature and quality of the warranty provided hereunder. Any such changes will be notified to you as soon as is reasonably practicable.
39. Governing law and jurisdiction: Any dispute or claim arising out of or in connection with this contract, its subject matter or formation (including non-contractual disputes or claims) will be governed by English law. Any dispute or claim arising out of or in connection with such contracts or their formation (including non-contractual disputes or claims) will be subject to the non-exclusive jurisdiction of the courts of England and Wales.
Securesafe Ltd, 16 Lyon Road, Hersham, KT12 3PU.
Telephone: 01223 654757